White Lake Hills surrounds White Lake in the hills five miles east of the Fort Worth
Central Business District. It encompasses six early surveys including the Wm. Franklin White Survey of 1926, from
which the lake received its name.
W.F. White was granted 31.47 acres by Governor Miriam "Ma" Ferguson in 1926. Other
surveys are the 1864 John W. Haynes Survey, the 1883 Dempsey S. Holt Survey, the 1872 Jacob Brockman Survey and the
1859 Wm. L. Tandy Survey.
The Carter Development Company, owned by Amon G. Carter the founder of the Fort Worth
Star Telegram, owned much of the land in 1926. The White Lake Dairy was located near this area until residential
development began in 1964. White Lake Dairy was known for its rich milk and thick cream. Pangburn Candy was made
with the milk from this dairy.
W.F. Boaz, son of early Birdville settler Samuel Boaz, also owned a portion of
land on the eastern edge of White Lake Hills in 1883. This land was passed on to C.A. Boaz in 1930.
White Lake Hills is encircled on the west by Oakland Blvd., which becomes Randol
Mill Road on the north. In 1856 Archibald Leonard built the first mill in the area. It became a community center
where news was exchanged and goods traded while waiting for grain to be milled. This mill burned down in 1860,
during a general unrest over abolition, but was rebuilt in 1862. In 1872 it was bought by W.A. Randol and operated
until 1922. It finally burned down in 1933. The road past this mill became known as Randol Mill Road.
Sunrise Park Development Company developed much of the land beginning in
1967, having bought it from the Carter Foundation Production Company.